Saturday, 8 August 2009

Here´s a stab at photos!


Right, so I got the photos a little wrong. This is how close the vultures got when I was walking in the foothills in Trinidad. This one is about 10ft away!






This is me, Phil, John, Carlos and Goran at the hostel in BA








My grumpy horse!






Ok, at a internet cafe at Paysandu and got a PC with A USB port so I´m going to have a go at uploading the odd pic or two!

If these upload ok, there should be a pic on here of me taken today, just a display of the epic beard growth that I have going on right now!! One of the others should be of me and a bunch of the peeps from BA, another should be of my rather grumpy horse from the farm tour - he really didn´t like it if I tried to direct him somewhere different, or even get him to stop.

I was at this place earlier, but the PC didn´t have USB so no photos.

08/08/09

Camping last night was amazing, my tent is truely tiny (90cm at its tallest, 240cm long and 90cm at its widest) the view this morning was incredible though, I woke up, stuck my head out of the tent and was greeted with a stretch of 20m grass and sand, and then a river so still that it reflected the sun like a mirror. The day was perfectly clear, and the only sound was of birds singing and fighting over food. The pic is of the view from my tent! (I thought that this was the one of me today, but I got it wrong!) I got up and took a walk to the local shop, and then sat and had a breakfast of oranges and bread on the beach, ace! Packed up the tent and walked over to the bus station where I got a bus to Paysandu, Uruguay an hour later. It took 1.5hours, but an hour of that was spent at the border having passports checked etc.

Got to Paysandu and took a walk to a hotel that charges 300pesos a night - thats Uruguayan Pesos though, and at GBP1 = 38, it works out at GBP7.80 a night, spot on!

Hopefully these photos will upload soon...It´s been a while and I´m still waiting, these better upload soon. I wouldn´t mind if I could have a beer, but they don´t sell any here!

3 comments:

  1. You should see the epic beard growth going on back in Canterbury! I think I'm making Stef jealous that he can't grow one of his very own.

    Your trip sounds even more fun with every update

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good work! Nothing like making Stef feel like he´s 12 because he can´t grow facial hair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can confirm that the razor did indeed arrive home yesterday although it may be tempting to send it back out with Dad when he joins you! However keep going as you are and you could get a job as Father Christmas on your return tucked away in a nice little grotto somewhere!
    I'm not sure that you bonded with that horse - did you speak to it nicely and feed it sugar lumps?
    I am sincerely hoping that you have got your washing back by now and can move on. Judging by the state of the shorts that have arrived home they may well have a job on their hands! I reckon those shorts could almost have walked back by themselves!
    Take care and keep safe.
    Love from Mum and Dad xx

    ReplyDelete